CricketFeaturedSports Today

Bangladesh takes more time to final call on Pakistan tour

Bangladesh Cricket Board wants to possess internal discussions regarding Pakistan’s proposal of playing the Test series first in Pakistan.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has asked the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for a week to finalize the upcoming tour of their decision regarding Pakistan.
  • According to sources, the BCB wants to possess internal discussions regarding Pakistan’s proposal of playing the Test series first in their scheduled tour.
  • Bangladesh Cricket Board was originally scheduled to arrive in Pakistan in January for 3 T20 and 2 Tests and therefore the PCB was hopeful the complete tour would plow ahead as long as Sri Lanka had visited the country for the Test series.
  • The BCB had already started seeking consent from their players regarding the tour.
  • It is reported that the Bangladesh Test captain Mominul Haque alongside few other cricketers has agreed to tour Pakistan.
  • “Mushfiqur never showed any interest in touring Pakistan.
  • The other players said that they wanted a short tour. we’ve informed PCB about our players’ consent,” he said.
  • “We don’t get most of our coaching staff, but our head coach is prepared if it’s a brief tour [T20I series].”

Bangladesh Cricket Board President Nazmul Hasan

  • Earlier, while media talk on Wednesday evening, the BCB President Nazmul Hasan had claimed that the ultimate decision regarding the tour would be announced on Thursday.
  • “We asked Pakistan to play T20 but today they proposed us to play Test matches first.
  • They said they will play the T20 bilateral series before the T20 World Cup in Pakistan,” said Nazmul. “
  • We informed them that we wanted to play 3 T20 first and return home.
  • We told them that maybe we tour Pakistan, later on, to play the Test Matches if we manage to reschedule the tour, but they are more interested in hosting Tests as it is a part of the Championship ICC Test.
  • They said we have no problem hosting 3 T20 later on.”
  • “We are making a final decision on that. I hope we will make the final decision tomorrow [Thursday],” he added.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

3 − one =

Back to top button
Close
Close